Wednesday 29 October 2014

A month, and I'm deviating?

So let's just say someone is reading this blog a month prior to this post, and thinking: This dude has it figured out; he's gonna have constant updates, think of amazing idea, draw pretty pictures.

Too bad. I'm a bum.

I say this because it's been a month (and two days) since my last post, and I'm not doing anything past what you see on my game yet. I have a concept in mind, and will probably start writing a script soon, but my attention has been diverted by an older project of mine.

This project (since it's near All Hallow's Eve) is a horror game, resurfacing with a bold new idea.

Here's the basic idea: The protagonist enters a mansion with the goal of setting up a fake ghost scene for a magazine he works for to avoid getting fired. Inside he finds true terror (and romantic horror?), and yada yada complicated psychological horror, plus one or two well-planned jumpscares.

Here's the gimmick: Your only light is the light of your camera. The game (planned to be in third person most the time) will switch to first person at the touch of a button, and your goal is to get nice pictures of the beasties you encounter...without dying. You will be able to search around with the mouse in first person, and spooky stuff could appear at any moment. (the creepy subtle stuff)

Anyways, that's the update.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment